The 16 Steps of Selling Your Home
A First Timers Guide
Posted: March 26, 2019 by Rachel Ennis
When you put your home on the market for the first time, you're bound to have questions - just like you did when you bought your first home, but now from the other side.
Here's a quick list that a fabulous Coldwell Banker Heritage agent walks you through from listing to closing:
1. Sellers make the decision to sell their home.
2. Select a real estate company.
3. Meet with a Realtor to evaluate the market.
4. Home is listed “for sale.”
5. Home is marketed according to the plan.
6. Open houses as needed and media advertising.
7. Offer submitted on home.
8. Buyer and seller negotiate the offer.
9. Seller accepts buyer’s offer.
10. Buyer’s loan application is taken.
11. Inspections are performed on the property.
12. Repairs, if any, are addressed.
13. Title work and appraisal are completed.
14. Buyer’s loan is approved.
15. The closing date is set.
16. Time to move!
Now, we'll keep it real and say that sometimes these steps repeat and sometimes unexpected steps come out of nowhere - that's why it pays to have an experienced real estate professional on your side advocating for you and guiding you throughout the process.
Find a Coldwell Banker Heritage agent today and learn that the best in real estate really do wear Coldwell Banker blue: https://www.coldwellbankerishome.com/agents